Who knew there was a TV musical Christmas special from Karen Carpenter and friends on youtube.
It features Gene Kelly.
Okay, now more random musings on a Sunday evening...
So my nephew Ty is looking lively here; Mia was a bit sick this weekend :(
I got to "go home" to St. George this weekend and help with a Christmas Play called "A Special Christmas."
What a treat! The costumes, the musical instruments, the singers, the collective talent brought together by Elizabeth Jameson in the Sunset Stake (Church of Jesus Christ organization in St. George) truly helped create a great work of art.
Elizabeth is a fascinating figure... a chemist, a theater teacher, a writer, a producer, a director.
I can't wait to see more from Elizabeth Jameson. What will be next... a novel? A Broadway show?
I am waiting with baited breath.
And the best part... so many of my St. George family and friends were able to come to the show.
I look forward to plenty more of wherever all that Christmas theater goodness came from!
To all a good night.
A Meaningful Week
This past week was full of meaningful moments and tender reminders of what matters most. I spent time preparing for parent-teacher conferences and felt grateful for the positive conversations with families. Nothing compares to hearing parents’ insights and sharing ideas for how we can help students thrive. It’s always a blessing to see the growth and support surrounding each child. Over the weekend, I enjoyed the Swiss Days celebration in Santa Clara with friend Chanda Vaniman and Weston nieces and nephew. Swiss Days is a cherished tradition, honoring community spirit and pioneer heritage—I savored the food, music, and friendly faces, and was reminded how blessed I am to be part of such a close-knit place. Sunday brought my first stake choir practice as director, and I truly felt it went well! The singers were welcoming and enthusiastic, and I’m already looking forward to our next rehearsals and the chance to make beautiful music together. As so many hearts continue to mourn afte...

Comments
Post a Comment