Bio in "Annie" program...
The "Annie" program is absolutely beautiful, and you should absolutely read it all. I noticed, however, that I might have missed the final memo about checking the final copy of the bios for the program, because the bio I submitted was in "Playbill" format (credits listed in order with Theater and New York credits first, then film/TV etc., with very little narrative) in under 50 words... and some very nice person changed my bio to be a little more like everyone else's bios, which were in more of a chatty narrative format.
Unfortunately, that really changed the meaning of some of the things in my bio, and though the narrative in the program on my bio is nice, I would have written it differently in narrative. So here is my bio in "Playbill" format, as well as in a chatty narrative format the way I would have written it. Both for your reading pleasure, and both 50 words (or so) or less.
Theater: Cinderella, 'Into the Woods,' Hodel, 'Fiddler,' Marian, 'Robin Hood.' Cabaret: Coming Together (NYC). Soloist: Carlyle Potter trio, Classic George. Recording: Grace, SGMT Annie cast album. Film: Jenny, 'The Singles Ward.' Voice/acting: BYU, Jessam, New York Vocal Studio. From CA/VA. Lisahigbee.blogspot.com, youtube: lisaslivelylife channel, facebook, twitter.
Lisa has enjoyed playing in Into the Woods (Cinderella), Fiddler (Hodel), Robin Hood (Marian), Singles Ward (Jenny). She produced and performed in a cabaret called Coming Together in NYC. She recently soloed with the CP trio in Classic George and recorded for the SGMT Annie cast album (Grace). Training: BYU, Jessam and New York Vocal Studios. Lisa is originally from California and Virginia. Youtube:lisaslivelylife channel.
A Season of Inspiration and Preparation
This beautiful autumn season has felt like a powerful time of reflection and renewed purpose. My heart has been so full these past couple of weeks, drawing inspiration from so many different places. Like so many of you, I was deeply moved by the memorial and funeral services for President Russell M. Nelson. Reflecting on his incredible life of service and his ability to connect with people all over the world has inspired me to work on improving my own "languages" of connection. I've felt a renewed desire to polish my Spanish and ASL, and to keep learning the beautiful languages of dance—swing, salsa, waltz, cha-cha, and more—that can bring so much joy and build community. That spirit of inspiration continued through General Conference. I was especially touched by the messages about the power of music to teach the gospel, which is something so dear to my heart. It's a perfect reminder as I prepare for my new role leading the stake choir. I've been diving into stud...
Comments
Post a Comment